We are happy to announce that we have been provisionally approved to receive Title IV funding from the U.S. Department of Education ( www.ed.gov ). This approval means that we are able to accept the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at both our Seattle and Lafayette campuses.
Federal student aid includes:
- Grants — financial aid that doesn’t have to be repaid (unless, for example, you withdraw from school and owe a refund)
- Loans — borrowed money for college or career school; you must repay your loans, with interest
VA Educational Benefits:
- GI Bill® - Education Programs offered to veterans, service members and their dependents.
Louisiana State student aid includes:
TOPS (Taylor Opportunity Program for Students) is a program of state scholarships for Louisiana residents who attend either one of the Louisiana Public Universities and Colleges, schools that are part of the Louisiana Community and Technical College System, Louisiana approved Propriety and Cosmetology Schools or institutions that are a part of the Louisiana Association of Independent Colleges and Universities. www.osfa.la.gov/AwardSystem
Possible tuition Assistance for Lafayette students:
Louisiana Rehabilitation Services (LRS) assists persons with disabilities in their desire to obtain or maintain employment and/or achieve independence in their communities by providing rehabilitation services and working cooperatively with business and other community resources.
AIE has a tuition reduction scholarship:
- Need Based Scholarship (opening every Spring)
Many organizations offer scholarships or grants to help students pay for college. This free money can make a real difference in how affordable your education is. (Check with Chambers of Commerce of your City, Kiwanis Club, Lion's Club, Heritage Societies such as Son's of Norway, Italian American Society, Snohomish Education Foundation, La Conner Community Scholarship Foundation, Pride Foundation etc).
Here is what you need to know:
- Submit your FAFSA at fafsa.ed.gov. The FAFSA for 2018 - 2019 is now available.
- AIE Seattle’s school code for FAFSA is 042236.
- AIE Lafayette’s school code for FAFSA is 042484.
- Award notices for qualified applicants will be sent out mid summer 2018.
- If you and your family are new to FAFSA, visit studentaid.ed.gov/fafsa.
- We recommend completing the FAFSA as soon as possible, as some funds are awarded on a first-come first-served basis.
- If you intend on taking on Student Loans, please submit a Master Promissory Note and complete Entrance Loan Counseling at StudentLoans.gov.
- You may be required to fill out additional forms for AIE. We will notify you if this is the case.
- Please note that students should apply for the Career Training Loan listed in the drop down box at www.salliemae.com as that is the only option that will allow them to choose your school from the list of schools.
Additional information about our loan program can be found at www.salliemae.com/ctschoolmaterials.
Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
Click HERE to access AIE's Net Price Calculator tool, which will help you estimate the net price of attending AIE.
Please see the College Navigator website for further information. There are currently only statistics for Seattle. The data for the Lafayette campus will be available after the first IPEDs.